Thanks to the help provided by the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs (in total 200.000 euros) and Caritas Germany, from 1st of September to 31st of December Caritas Serbia was able to provide support to refugees that are passing through our country, trying to ease their burden on the difficult trip towards a safer future. With this support, in main transit points of Serbia (Presevo, Belgrade, Kanjiza, Subotica, Sid…), Caritas was able to provide:
- 30.000 refugees with food parcels.
- 12.300 refugees (mostly women and children together with their families) with hygiene kits, to improve their personal hygienic situation after a long and heavy trip.
- 2.050 adults and children with winter clothes to be protected against rain and cold.
- Refugees in Kanjiža, Subotica and Sid with access to basic health care services.
- 650 children in Presevo with a break from their everyday life as refugees, by childcare activities organised by the Caritas field officers.
While providing support Caritas was taking care that priority is given to the most vulnerable refugees like: women, children, people with disability, elderly, people with health problems. The support of the German government to refugees in Serbia provided through Caritas will continue also in 2016.